Os lançamentos em Blu-ray da Criterion para julho
Quando o mês de julho chegar, faltarão seis meses para o fim do ano. Você já terá visto Vingadores, Mad Max, Jurassic World. E estará contando ansiosamente os dias para a estréia do novo Star Wars. E quando julho chegar, a Criterion trará mais edições bacanas de grandes filmes em alta definição, com conteúdos extras diversos e livretos exclusivos. E nesta lista estará um “clássico da Sessão da Tarde”: O Corcel Negro.
Assassinos / Os Assassinos (data de lançamento: 7 de julho, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New high-definition digital restorations of both films, with uncompressed monaural soundtracks on the Blu-rays
- Andrei Tarkovsky’s short film adaptation of Ernest Hemingway’s “The Killers,” made when he was a student in 1956
- Interview from 2002 with writer Stuart M. Kaminsky about both films
- Piece from 2002 in which actor Stacy Keach reads Hemingway’s short story
- Screen Director’s Playhouse radio adaptation from 1949 of the 1946 film, starring Burt Lancaster and Shelley Winters
- Interview from 2002 with actor Clu Gulager
- Audio excerpt from director Don Siegel’s autobiography, A Siegel Film, read by actor and director Hampton Fancher
- PLUS: Essays by novelist Jonathan Lethem and critic Geoffrey O’Brien
Hiroshima Meu Amor (data de lançamento: 14 de julho, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 4K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary by film historian Peter Cowie
- Interviews with director Alain Resnais from 1961 and 1980
- Interviews with actor Emmanuelle Riva from 1959 and 2003
- New interview with film scholar François Thomas, author of L’atelier d’Alain Resnais
- New interview with music scholar Tim Page about the film’s score
- Revoir Hiroshima…, a 2013 program about the film’s restoration
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic Kent Jones and excerpts from a 1959 Cahiers du cinéma roundtable discussion about the film
Here’s Your Life (data de lançamento: 14 de julho, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New introduction by filmmaker Mike Leigh
- New conversation between director Jan Troell and film historian Peter Cowie
- New interviews with actor Eddie Axberg and producer and screenwriter Bengt Forslund
- Interlude in Marshland, a 1965 short film by Troell, starring Max von Sydow
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by film scholar Mark Le Fanu
O Corcel Negro (data de lançamento: 14 de julho, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New 4K digital transfer, supervised by director of photography Caleb Deschanel, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Five short films by Carroll Ballard, with introductions by the director: Pigs! (1965), The Perils of Priscilla (1969), Rodeo (1969), Seems Like Only Yesterday (1971), and Crystallization (1974)
- New conversation between Ballard and film critic Scott Foundas
- New interview with Deschanel
- New piece featuring photographer Mary Ellen Mark discussing her images from the film’s set
- PLUS: An essay by film critic Michael Sragow
Minha Adorável Lavanderia (data de lançamento: 21 de julho, com preço de US$ 31.96).
- New, restored 2K digital transfer, supervised by director of photography Oliver Stapleton, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation between director Stephen Frears and producer Colin MacCabe
- New interviews with writer Hanif Kureishi, producers Tim Bevan and Sarah Radclyffe, and Stapleton
- PLUS: An essay by journalist Sarfraz Manzoor
Moonrise Kingdom (data de lançamento: 21 de julho, com preço de US$ 31.96). A arte da capa ainda não foi divulgada. Fiquemos então com esta imagem feita por fãs, diretamente do Fake Criterions.
- Restored 2K digital transfer, supervised by director Wes Anderson, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary featuring Anderson
- Selected-scene storyboard animatics
- Interviews with cast and crew
- Behind-the-scenes tour hosted by Bill Murray
- Welcome to New Penzance, hosted by Bob Balaban
- Home movies from the set
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Geoffrey O’Brien, plus a map of New Penzance Island and other ephemera
Veja abaixo nossos vídeos mostrando edições da Criterion:
Link para a loja da Criterion na Amazon.com: